Last update: 14 October 2022
The Hall, Supper Room and Kitchen are currently open for events and operating at 100% capacity.
The Twyford is committed to keeping our audiences, volunteers, staff, contractors, hirers and visiting artists and companies safe.
Our COVID-safe measures include
- crowd control barriers
- hands-free sanitising stations
- frequently used surfaces cleaned regularly
- hirers provide their own personal protective equipment (PPE) and dispose of appropriately
Stay home if you are unwell
- Please don’t come to the venue if you have symptoms of COVID 19, or have been advised to quarantine or self-isolate.
- COVID Testing in NSW and what to do if you have COVID-19
While in our venue
- Maintain good hand hygiene. Sanitising stations are located at all entrances and where food is served. There are hand washing basins in all with soap in all toilets and in the kitchen.
- Cashless transactions preferred – we accept payments online, by direct credit and EFTPOS. If you are hiring one of our venues for your event, we recommend you use our 24/7 ticketing service or hire an EFTPOS machine.
- When queuing or moving through the shared areas of the venue, please maintain physical distancing where possible (1.5 metres).
- Mask wearing and vaccinations are strongly recommended. You are free to wear a mask at any time in our venue.
- Read the current NSW Health COVID 19 guidelines
For hirers, volunteers, staff, contractors and visiting companies
- If you test positive and have been in the venue during the infectious period please advise the Venue Manager so that we can implement our COVID-handling policy. The privacy of persons reporting their medical condition will be respected.
- If you are a household or close contact of someone with COVID 19:
- Work from home where practicable
- Management will undertake a risk assessment before approving a return to the venue if you cannot work from home
- You will be asked to do a rapid antigen test before you attend the venue, even if you don’t have symptoms
- Wear a mask except while eating or drinking or where a mask could create a safety issue
- Do not use shared facilities such as the kitchen at the same time as other people
- You may be allocated work that involves minimal interaction with other people and/or in well-ventilated areas
- Maintain physical distancing (1.5 metres) from others at all times
- Touring artists and companies from interstate may be operating under stricter COVID-safety protocols than the above, as livelihoods are at high risk if company members become ill on tour. Staff, contractors and volunteers may be asked to take additional precautions to meet these protocols.
- Sanitise frequently touched surfaces regularly (door handles, switches, tables, chairs, benches etc).
- PPE is provided for staff and contractor use. Hirers and touring companies should provide their own PPE equipment and dispose of them safely.
- Continue to monitor NSW Health requirements up to and during your event as they may change at short notice
If you have any questions about your obligations, please contact us.